Each year, AADE brings together clinicians, researchers, academicians and industry leaders to address key issues affecting people with diabetes and the health of America.
The meeting features educational sessions, as well as corporate symposia, product theaters and poster presentations. In addition, about 300 exhibitors from corporations, government and nonprofit agencies showcase new diabetes products and education materials.
Criteria for receiving media credentials
Complimentary registration for AADE’s 2014 Annual Meeting and access to the Press Room are reserved for working members of the media, including print, broadcast and online media. Individuals eligible or a press pass include:
- Print or broadcast editor/reporter, producer, photographer: Credentials including a letter of assignment on letterhead from the media outlet.
- Freelance writer: Credentials include original dated letter from an editor containing a specific assignment and two samples of bylined articles that have been published previously by that outlet. In accepting AADE’s press credentials, the freelance writer must provide AADE – within 30 days of publication – a copy or link to an article resulting from the meeting.
- Blogger and website editors: Must supply a URL that can be verified in advance. Additional criteria include:
- Blogs and website must contain original, dated, industry-related news content above and beyond links, forums, troubleshooting tips and reader contributions, and must be updated at least weekly.
- Bloggers and website editors must also agree to provide AADE – within 30 days of publication – links to at least one article or post published before October 1, 2014, containing information gathered at the conference. Failure to do so will result in denial of media credentials for AADE’s 2015 Annual Meeting and Exhibition.
- Bloggers and website editors must demonstrate that they will be attending the AADE annual meeting to garner and publish subscriber/viewer-oriented content purely for information purposes only and not as a marketing vehicle for the site or its sponsors.